Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Chicken Wing Dip... and groceries at my door

Chicken wing dip has become a New Year's Eve tradition for our family. 
This year I was bound and determined to NOT to go to the store on New Year's Eve.
Enter InstaCart.  I received a 2 week free trial period and after a few orders I was won over.
In my location I can buy groceries from Aldi, Tops and Price Chopper.  
You receive the price from the sales ad for Aldi, but not for the other two. 
For this reason, all my orders have been from Aldi. 
I have liked this service so much, I have paid the yearly fee and am enjoying my groceries showing up at my door. I do tip my shopper--they generally get here within 2 hours and all my orders have been correct. 
You can get a $10 credit on your first order using this code over on Facebook.
On to the chicken wing dip.
I cooked up about two pounds of skinless chicken breasts
I then cut these up in bite sized chunks. 
 As the chicken cooks (I boiled it with  chicken bullion , onion, garlic powder and pepper)  spread 2 packages of cream cheese on the bottom of an 9x11 cake pan. 
 Everything was from Aldi... the buffalo sauce said "mild" but it was hotter than we expected.
Mix the buffalo wing sauce with the chicken and 1/2 the bottle of the blue cheese dressing. Simmer on the stove for about a 1/2 hour 
 Pour the chicken mixture over the cream cheese
 Top with the colby jack cheese.
 Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes
 Serve with tortilla chips.. or Fritos scoops... my husband's favorite
 Enjoy...
and remember, you can get $10 off your first time using Instacart .  The code is over on my page on Facebook.
I love opening up the front door and having my groceries delivered....whoooo hooooo!

No comments: