Sunday, November 30, 2014

Candy Cane Wreath

 I saw many different varieties of candy cane wreaths around pinterest...so I pulled my favorite parts of different wreaths together to make one all our own. 
First Kimberly painted an old cd with red acrylic paint....
 while the paint was wet, toss on the glitter...a lot of glitter.  After the paint and glitter dried I sprayed the whole cd with Spray Acrylic Sealer to keep all the glitter in one place.
 I used 18 candy canes for our wreath. 
I used the glue gun to make pairs of candy canes.  
 Testing out the look.
  Below you can see that I added green ribbon to each pair of candy canes. I also used the glue gun for this. After the ribbons were added, I placed the candy canes into the wreath shape and glued the tops and bottoms together.  It is still pretty floppy at this point.  
I then used a lot of glue around the circular center of the wreath and placed the glittery cd in place.
This made it much more stable.

I added a pretty bow in to the center of of the wreath and green ribbon for hanging.
We are all very happy with this years wreath.