Saturday, May 28, 2011

Homemade Memorial Day door wreath

2011 Memorial Day wreath
The only things needed for this easy wreath are:
patriotic fabric
a wire clothes hanger
scissors
First, bend the hanger into a circle, leaving the "hanger" for, well, hanging.
Cut the material into strips about one inch thick. Hubby picked my material. It was a wonderful choice. They look great together.

I cut the strips into approximately 6 inch lengths. I wasn't very precise in my measuring. I used this old piece of cardboard as "ruler".

Fold the strip in half and place under the wire.

Loop the ends of the strip through the loop, forming a knot.

Pull tight. Slide the fabic on the wire tightly together.

Alternate colors until you have squeezed as many fabric loops as you can onto the wire.

TaDa!!! A beautiful wreath for the front door.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!!

1 comment:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

That looks great! Well done!