Friday, March 30, 2007

What's For Dinner

People often wonder about the amount of food a family of 10 can eat. I have seen t.v. shows about big families and I feel that they exaggerate what the family consumes. I may also think this because I have become accustomed to cooking for so many. {of course my daughter Becky knows who is really doing the cooking--thank-you Becky}

Tonight for dinner, being a meatless Friday, we had macaroni and cheese, a very popular dish around here. I made it with :
1. 3lbs macaroni
2. 3lbs extra sharp cheddar cheese
3. 6 c. milk

We also had:
1. 2 large cans of corn
2. 2 large cans of peaches
3. 1 1/2 loaf of bread (usually one loaf but tonight we had real butter)
4. large bag of salad mix
5. one gallon grape juice

We had no dessert tonight so I told the kids that the last thing they ate was dessert so some of them ate something that was still left on the table.(they like dessert-no matter what it may be)

Keep in mind we do have five teenagers, but we also have two babies that don't eat too much --yet.

It was a very good meal.....and it was gone.

No comments: