Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cinnamon bun Valentines

I saw this idea somewhere--but forgive my "older" mind--I have no idea where I saw it or I would include the link here.This was a very quick and easy Valentine treat.
I had purchased original Pillsbury cinnamon buns in a can---but didn't realize that they didn't "unroll". So, I happened to have a can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon buns---and luckily these did unroll. Simply unroll the bun and then re-roll from both ends, into a heart shape.
I mixed the glaze topping with a little pink food coloring, and then used my handy-dandy-ziploc bag turned into decorating bag technique,
On the round buns, I used the frosting to make hearts.
These were for the kids.
They liked them.
This is how the Grand cinnamon buns looked after they were rolled into a heart and baked!
Frosted
and enjoyed by MY special Valentine!!!
Happy Valentine's Day, Pat!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Great idea, thanks