Wednesday, February 10, 2010

ASL-I Love You-Valentine

I actually saw this activity first in an Oriental Trading Co. catalog and thought that we would make a wonderful Valentine card. After all, I didn't need 12 of them from Oriental Trading, so I wanted to be a little thrifty.
I have found that this company's website is a great spot to get ideas for activities for the kids.
First we traced Kimmy's hand and glued the two fingers down, making the sign language, "I Love You" sign.
I then made sure I had cut out a white heart big enough to fit the hand inside.
I used scalloped edged scissors to cut out the heart and then cut a red heart, slightly smaller than the red heart.
Glue these together and then pause for a very cute photo op!
When big sister Gracie arrived, Kimmy seemed to doubt that
Gracie could do as good a job on her Valentine as Kimmy could do her own.
Glue the hand to the front of your red heart.
Cut out a small red heart, as seen below.
Make a teeny tiny pink heart and write your special message!!
If you happen to be one of my children's grandparents, be surprised when these arrive from their loving makers!! :-)

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Those are adorable. What a neat idea!

Amanda said...

I love this idea. Will have to try this one :) Thanks

RedTedArt said...

Bless her cotton socks, your little girl is ADORABLE! love your hearts too!


I would LOVE for you to join us at Kids Get Crafty (every Wednesday on Red Ted Art) - current link up http://www.redtedart.com/2011/01/19/kids-get-crafty-penguins-boys-umbrellas-card-board-boxes/
Hope to see you there!

Maggy

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

I love handprint crafts! This is a great one! :-)