Thursday, November 13, 2008

Grandpa is on the mend!

Grandpa is doing great at 18 hours past surgery. You wouldn't believe he is 80 years old. He has been getting up out of bed-alone-against all the rules, and he has required NO pain medication at all since the surgery.
He is my hero!!
Grace and Mark had a chance to visit the hospital this afternoon. They spent a good deal of time before their visit making beautiful cards for Grandpa.Mark printed a picture of Our Blessed Mother for the cover of his card, and Gracie adorned her card with all of her new heart stickers. We also brought our picture of St. Michael for Grandpa's room. Grandpa knows the St. Michael is his personal Guardian Angel-and St. Michael has always done a wonderful job taking care of Grandpa.

4 comments:

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

Oh my goodness. I got teary-eyed when I saw that coloring picture there. That your kids would try to cheer up their grandpa with that really touched me. I loved both my grandpas so much and wish they were still here for me to hug. Please have them give their grandpa all the kisses I can't give mine. I hope he is recovering easily.

Rhonda said...

Glad to hear that he is on the mend. No pain meds, WOW! He is a tough one. Those cards are just beautiful. Your kiddos have such kind hearts.

heavenly bliss said...

Thanks for the update. Wish we were closer. Give him a hug and kiss from me next time you visit him. As stubborn as a donkey huh? Way to go grandpa!!
xoxo Jenny

Lisa said...

I am glad to hear your dad is doing well! We will keep him in our prayers!